20.5.08


So we took a little trip to the beach. This time we headed to Paiclas Key (Cayo Paiclas) which is about 1 hour and 20 minutes drive from Valencia, and a 10 min boat ride from Tucacas/Morrocoy.

We had such a great time. At least that's what I'm told anyways, I had all the fun driving there and back, lol (you might even be able to spot my evil-mini horns in the picture).

The mini is behaving so well. You can really feel that 88 bhp-per-ton. Especially when coming back up on the twisty climb from El Palito to Valencia. We recond the trailing arms the previous weekend and that gave it enough time for the suspension cones to settle. The ride is still as bumpy as a mini though, so I've been thinking in the spring conversion, not the coilovers, but the rubber springs replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I love how the mini feels and handles, but it also feels like the roads here are tearing the mini apart. We'll see...